Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Look Out Martha Stewart


For Christmas, I asked for a sewing machine. I've always wanted to learn how to sew...even though I have zero patience. Luckily, my husband knows his way around a sewing machine after watching his mom sew for years and years. He's a great help!

Today I started on my first project...making new pillow covers for the pillows on our couches. I have to say I'm quite pleased with the result. It's not perfect but it's quite good and definitely cheaper than buying 7 new pillows from a store (I will never understand why a single pillow costs $20 or more).

One down, six to go!

1 comment:

  1. Learning to sew is on my "to learn to do before I die" list! LOVE the rockin' pillows!!!

    I'm off to meet Miss Liz and get blonded up! Have a sweet day Friend...

    ReplyDelete